Friday, November 13, 2015

Screencasts

Screencasts can be a great tool for teachers, especially if you are attempting to do a flipped classroom type of instruction. Your students still get the full lesson through you. Almost feels like your standing right in front of them or at least in the same room.

So here are some great websites that can be used to help you create your own screencast videos. First, let me start with Screenr. It seemed like I was going to have fun creating my screencast with this one, however it did not seem to work since I do not have the current java application to run the program. That was fine because I was in fact able to use Screencast-O-Matic, which was super easy to use. Had no problem creating this video here for you, that shows you how to use another helpful site called Recite.com.



I found this website to be amazingly easy to use. Create a free account as soon as you can and utilize this website.

Now, I know that this blog should be about screencasts, however I am going to talk about another site that is free to use, just have to download. This site is called Jing. Jing is kinda like Evernote, but you are able to take a screenshot but that's already cropped.  After you have taken your picture you are able to edit onto it, just like Evernote. I personally like Evernote more, but that does not mean that I will not utilize this resource as well. Here is a picture I saved from Jing while I was messing around with it.


Now, if you like to do most of your technology projects off of an iPad, I got something for you there as well. Explain a Website is an awesome app that can do a screencast and with this app your able to upload directly to Evernote. With this app you are also able to record your screen and also make markings and highlights to you liking at the same time. I fell in love with just about every single one of these resourceful tools. Wish I would have had the opportunity to explore Screenr for you all and be able to give you a better critique on the site. Hopefully they fix it to where it is easier to run. I hope my opinion helps you complete whatever tech project you got going on. Have fun exploring!

3 comments:

  1. Recite This reminds me of a meme generator~ that's really easy to use, too. It amazes me how clear the images are in Jing. That is certainly a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog and I agree Screencasts can be a great tool for teachers, especially if you are attempting to do a flipped classroom type of instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we're supposed to be talking about your actual screencast, but I admit, I was lost in the tutorial for Recite This - I loved it! You obviously did a great job with the screencast because I forgot why I was watching it, opting instead to learn how to make my own quote pictures. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete