Monday, November 30, 2015

'How do they even do that?': How Today’s Technology is Shaping Tomorrow’s Students

'How do they even do that?': How Today’s Technology is Shaping Tomorrow’s Students



I must say this article makes me wonder what life would be like for my children once they hit their college years. I have four boys right now who are 13, 12, 10, and 6 months old, and after reading the data and facts about how dramatic and quickly technology is changing shocks me. I know technology has recently gone through a sort of "growth spurt", but once you see it on paper or should I say on the screen, it will ultimately wow you.  It is crazy seeing how technology was 20 years ago. I can't imagine my life without WIFI, my laptop, and most importantly my smartphone. I began thinking about the many devices I currently have running this household. If I began to break it down, you would probably think I was a Best Buy. I am not one of those teachers that is opposed to technology in the classroom. I think it has it's place and will always need to be directed by a trained educator. It's our job to make sure that the students of the future utilize technology to it's fullest capabilities in the correct manner. I am not sure what students will be like in the future, I imagine some Back to the Future kind of stuff. What I do know is that we(educators) will always have a place here, right next to yours truly, TECHNOLOGY!

No comments:

Post a Comment