Friday, November 20, 2015

On The Corner of Instagram and Vine

So, it's come to my attention that these two apps have made some wonderful progress in the field of education. Meaning that, even though these are typically used for personal use, educators have found ways to utilize these apps to their own advantage. Gimme a minute of your time so that I may show you how. Lets start with Vine, this application lets you create a six second video that loops over and over again. How does this help an educator? Great question, you can make videos about inference, recreate scenes from books, create unit previews of upcoming class lessons, are special announcements for students and parents. For instance, I created one for my choir parents, so that they may see their child in action in a recording studio for this holiday season.







Instagram has its advantages as well. Really great way to give updates of events that we know we could share with students and parents. Instagram is how I have shared moments that no parent would want to miss! Here are some examples of how I have been able to share pictures to parents.


A photo posted by Leti Pedraza (@lrodz123) on


A photo posted by Leti Pedraza (@lrodz123) on
Both apps are easy to use if you take the time to explore your options on how to utilize it the best of your advantage. I personally enjoy using both and will continue for as long as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are so clear! They are really nice. The Vine is pretty cool, too. I can see parents sharing these with relatives who couldn't make the event~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dr. Gross, your photos are really clear. What kind of phone did you use to get such clear photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a great thing watching how interactive schools are through Instagram! So many ways to incorporate it. Still working on Vine though.

    ReplyDelete