Friday, November 6, 2015

Cartoons and Comics for Lessons

Well I know that being a teacher now a days is tough, with having so much of our world run through technology.
So, I say to all my fellow teachers/educators, get with the program and roll with the punches. It has become an era where grasping a young learner is a challenge in it's self. Here are some helpful websites with tips and advice on which is far better than the others.

So let's start with ToonDoon.com, checking out the website for the first time was rather exciting. I thought, this looks so cartoonish my students will love it! However, I was able to create an account but making an actual cartoon, well, let's just say I'm still waiting for my character to load.

Next, there is Makebeliefscomix.com, where you can make comics, save as a picture, and print to activity sheets. Great idea for the website, on the other hand editing was a bit frustrating with having to click back and fourth from sizing the object to moving it, or flipping it. Just to much clicking here and there. Got so tired of it and possibly irritated by it all. If you have the patients for it, it can give you a beautiful outcome. Here is mine before I gave up on it.
Lastly, is Pixton.com, which I found overall the best as far as creating comic book strips goes. I found this site so easy to use and create. It was so easy I started looking for my "Staples" button that says, "That was easy!". This site gives you the ability to change the pose of the characters however you want them. Just all and all a wonderful site, that you can also embed your comic to website or a blog, like this.


3 comments:

  1. How would you show teachers that these sites can be useful in their work? If you were a teacher librarian already, what might be the best way? You don't have to answer, I just want you to be thinking like a community resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your cartoon about incorporating classroom procedures into a comic. Much more interesting that making a list and I think the students would actually read your comic strip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your comic cartoon, creatively using all images. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete